- The aims of this qualification are to enable learners to develop:
- An understanding of and ability to apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science including; abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- The ability to analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems including writing programs to do so
- The capacity for thinking creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of computer science
- Mathematical skills
- The ability to articulate the individual (moral), social (ethical), legal and cultural opportunities and risks of digital technology.